All of us had a different perspective towards life as everyone carries a different category of lenses, you will not get the same image every time . Just like using different lenses affect portraits in different ways which happens due to the positioning of lens-to-subject distance and where you are focusing your lenses.
Long telephoto lenses force you to stand back, giving a more traditional, pleasing perspective. Wide-angle lenses make you get closer, heightening what’s close to the lens like your subject’s face. Similarly, if you are looking at things in different directions and from different angles, you will find various hidden aspects.
For example, my weakness is, I am a little stubborn by nature. But rather considering it as my weakness, I am looking at it from a different angle, I consider it one of my strengths. It helps in strengthening my willpower, completing my tasks at the proper time.
Looking at the same things with different perspectives can change our life. All of us are having our own zooming lenses with different shutter speeds and different focal lengths.
Now the question is, how can we see things differently?
- Try not to rush to a conclusion or decision in any given situation. I have seen many people directly scramble to the solution without a single thought. They are in such a hurry that they skip their analysis part of the problem. And most of them fall into the trap of disaster.
- Determine what the core of the issue is, and how a different decision can bring about various results or consequences.
- Detect what the decision is that most people will make; this is usually the safest solution to a problem or a way that does not require them to guess or envisage the future.
- When you can’t think of any more decisions, proceed with the best and most secure solution. Think about people and objects that are involved in the situation.
- Imagine your self in that situation; what would you have done. To judge someone based on a story is easy, and most of the time, it’s wrong.
- Seek advice: Don’t hesitate to ask advice from others as every mind is different, everyone has a different stream of thoughts, you can seek advice from your trusted friends.
How does it help?
- It helps build healthy relationships: The key to healthy relationships lies solely in our ability to take the perspective of another. Perspective-taking is the all-important skill of looking at things from the point of view other than our own. Perspective-taking brings in the mindfulness of compassion and empathy to our relationships.
- It respects differences: As every individual has a different spectacle towards looking at things, we should always respect that difference.
- It helps in flourishing your business: Train your mind with positive boosters as someone said it correctly, “there are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of “. It’s your responsibility on how to open the door and when to open it. Many people can seek opportunities in difficult times because they have a different view. They find the problem as their solution, and it helps to grow.
- It will help you to look at the positive aspects of life. Try to identify your weakness and convert them into your strength; if you’re an unrealistic person, convert it into a visionary. If you are impatient, then work towards it or else be passionate about it. If people say that you are talkative, then take it as a strong weapon as an expressive. If you are obnoxious, then convert it as you are an enthusiastic person—broom all the negative corners of your mind to clean the negatives.
- It will help strengthen your analytical skills: Instead of spending all your time wishing you were good at something, spend that time actually practising it. The more time and energy you spend on something, the better you will become. If you invest all your time in an activity, the only direction you can go in is up. It all starts with the time you chose to invest in it today. You can do anything you put your mind to!
- It will push you to take risks: Usually, problems are not that big as we make them. Many of us see a small stone, a mountain this happens because of our perception. If you can clean the hazy glass of your impressions with a clear thought, you can see the beautiful flowers of the valley.
- It will give you the confidence to trust yourself: It will help you see the imperfect things perfectly; you can constructively take criticism.
I believe that every problem comes with a set of solutions, the only thing we have to learn is, how to zoom our lenses to find the hidden solution.